Sunday, 29 January 2012

India is my country..

      India. What special can be engraved about this country that has never said before? Formerly I thought of writing the flawed facet about the motherland. Even I dropped a composition to my diary, as it is trouble-free to find the gloomy side of the coin. But I didn’t like that, scrambling the piece I waved it to the bin.

  Happy Independence Day……….

      India is my country. And I am among those Indians who sit in a coffee shop for hours condemning the filthy situation of the country. I am that Indian who criticizes the corrupt leaders and wish that Shivaji should take a rebirth, to bring in revolution. I am that Indian who is always ready for a candle light march, because I am practiced to react in the way. I am afraid of the competition. Yes I am afraid of the reservation. Just look at a crowd of thousands & select one face. I am that person. I am just a brainless common Indian whose patriotism awakens all of a sudden on republic day and independent day. Yes I am the one who is responsible for the miserable condition of my land. I am the youth, aged youth!!
     Today I am at a point where life demands a new beginning. What next (?) dwells in the minds of almost every graduate. And roughly many of us go for foreign universities; coz money floods your pockets there. I would not like to criticize anyone nor blame the lookout. But I was deeply depressed by the news few days back, a Pune guy shot dead in UK. And there are many tales where dead bodies speak out loud for justice. Why do our students seek degrees from foreign universities and work there? Why don’t we trust in our education system? Or is it a trend for ‘foreign-tag’?  We Indians have a very typical behavior; if there is any foreign product we worship the virtues of the product. The label of the foreign country on the product cheers up our spirit widens our eyes and brings a whiff of pride on our faces. An Indian made product will be looked upon with suspicion, its quality will be doubted and manufacturing formula with expiry date will never be trusted. Akin to the Indian products we don’t even trust our education system.  Institutes here in India of technological and management excellence are the temples of education. They have put India on the map of knowledge and wisdom and yet our students want to fly out of this country to enhance their perspicacity and adroitness in technical and management spheres. "If you have to choose five best brains of the world, go to five IITs of India", Bill Gates ones noted in his speech. The craze for a management degree from an Australian or British University stems from the fact that the students fail to make it to top management institutes of the country. Students love to study in India only if they get the College of their choice and since merit pushes them far behind, they compensate for it by seeking the same degree from any foreign or European University. See the irony; our countrymen look upon these chaps with the sense of glee and pride. Better matrimonial offers knock at their doors, domestic companies prefer these guys and hence the craze for such degrees remains ever on the rise.
      This must come to an end. Guys India is calling, India needs you. A nation that is growing young every day. A nation that throbs with a Never-Say-Die attitude. Billion hopes, aspirations and dreams waiting to be unleashed here.  It's time to transform your ideas into reality. It's time to let the spark transform into a flame of glory. Let the reverse brain drain begin. It is India's age. Let the students from the developed world make India a destination for their studies and let the craze for a degree from foreign university turn out to be fake and let our India reign supreme when it comes to spreading knowledge and information. Let’s make our country a superpower, let us work for our people, for our country and let our light shine on the earth…

Because, India is our country......


                                                        -sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment