what are your plans after this? a window popped on my chat screen....it was my old friend…..want to move back to our town, I replied……to no surprise I received an expected reply HAHAHA ;)
Yes I want to move back to my town………!!!!!!
Ask a child from
a town, what he wants to do with his life, and you’ll get reply something like
this “move away from here, anywhere in the city”. From childhood, town kids
plan their escape from the small place. They build a list of reasons as tall as
their water tower. That career drama. The reasons like lack of opportunities. I
know, because I was one of them, and I had my reasons like everyone else. And as
soon as I was done with my SSC, I moved to the big city Aurangabad. I wanted to
go away from that small town, wanted to start a new chapter of my life leaving
behind a yearbook of those ‘small’ memories.
With God’s grace I got everything that I planned. In four years, I got
fresh beginnings, new friends, new memories, independence, an education and a
stronger-than-ever relationship with my mom and dad. I graduated and surely
will have a strong job prospect after completing my post graduation; yet there
is one thing I always want—to go home.
Small towns are like magnets, you can’t stay away from it. If you are not from one of such towns, you won’t understand the force that pulls you back.
Small towns are like magnets, you can’t stay away from it. If you are not from one of such towns, you won’t understand the force that pulls you back.
1. You are probably friends with
the lone town policeman.
2. Everybody does know your name.
3. You can actually afford to go to movies.
4. No crowd, no traffic.
5. One can actually
see the stars.
Jokes apart....When I recently moved back to my place I found that the beauty of the place lies in the locality here and the hold…the magnetism is in the overwhelming climate. Only now I could see is that my straight love for this town is actually my love for the people here. It is the people who ask how you’re doing and spend 20 minutes really listening to find out. It’s your school teacher who also taught your brother and tells you stories about his mischief. It is your so called adda where you have spent most of your time with friends. Today after experiencing many to’s and fro’s in this so called city life I would prefer to spend rest of my life with my people with my parents. I’m sure, to you, it seems ridiculous that how a person could live in one place for their whole life. As a teen, I would have been tempted to agree with you. But growing up—and becoming a full-blown person—has zeroed in my priorities for a life in a metro. And if the best thing is a close family, safety, friendly neighbors and growing stronger, then I don’t want to be anywhere but HERE.
- sunny
Wish i would always be at home.. but life's not fair.. At most we would have handful of memories i guess.
ReplyDeleteyoo bro....life is really cruel to us in this case ;)
Delete